Sikaflex®-715 – White – 300ml Cartridge
Semi self-leveling roof membrane sealer.
Sikaflex®-715 is a one-component silane terminated polymer (STP) sealant that cures on exposure to atmospheric humidity. Its unique flow characteristic is designed for roof sealing applications. Sikaflex®-715 has very good adhesion and UV resistance making it suitable for open joints.
- Primerless adhesion to the difficult substrate
- Semi self-leveling for roof sealing
- Very good dispensing characteristics
- Isocyanate free
- Low VOC content
- Very good UV resistance
Sikaflex®-715 is suitable for sealing a wide variety of RV roofing components including, EPDM; metals such as anodized and bare aluminum; phosphate, chromate, and zinc-plated steel; metal primers; 2-part coatings; ceramics and plastics. Seek manufacturer’s advice and perform tests on original substrates before using Sikaflex®-715 on materials prone to stress cracking. This product is suitable for experienced professional users only. Tests with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease, oil and dust. For repairs, removal of pre-exisiting products is crucial to avoid compatibility issues. Surface treatment depends on the specific nature of the substrates and is crucial for a long lasting bond. Adhesion and compatibility have to be verified by tests on original substrates.
Sikaflex®-715 can be processed between 5 °C and 40 °C (41 °F and 104 °F) but, changes in reactivity and application properties have to be considered. The optimum temperature for substrate and process material is between 15 °C and 25 °C (59 °F and 77 °F). Sikaflex®-715 can be processed with manual, pneumatic, or electric-driven piston guns as well as pump equipment.
Uncured Sikaflex®-715 may be removed from tools and equipment with Sika® Remover-208 or another suitable solvent. Once cured, the material can only be removed mechanically. Hands and exposed skin have to be washed immediately using a suitable industrial hand cleaner and water. Do not use solvents on the skin.
Sikaflex®-715 is not suitable for overpainting.
- Chemical base: Silane Terminated Polymer
- Color (CQP001-1): White, black
- Cure mechanism: Moisture-curing
- Density (uncured): 1.52 kg/l (12.7 lb/gal)
- Non-sag properties: Semi self-leveling
- Application temperature: 5-40 °C (41-104 °F)
- Skin time (CQP019-1): 30 minutes A
- Shore A hardness (CQP023-1 / ISO 48-4): 10
- Tensile strength (ASTM D412): 0.6 MPa (85 psi)
- Elongation at break (ASTM D412): 500%
- Service temperature (CQP513-1): -50-90 °C (-58-94 °F)